And horror writers? Another breed entirely.
Our Horror Writer Superhero Spotlight shines the spotlight squarely on the twisted minds who bring you dark literature in all its dastardly forms.
Today’s spotlight is on Kristy Carey
Q: What is the name of your alter ego?
Q: Who or what is your nemesis?
A: Narrow minds…
Q: What would be a fitting name for your sidekick?
A: Rosie, a black jaguar.
Q: If you could (or do) have superpowers, describe them.
A: The ability to mix both science and magic, weaving them together in a tight mix.
Q: How would you conquer the forces of good/evil (depending on your Superhero’s moral affiliation).
A: It’s a never ending battle, to be honest and one that crosses both good and evil.
Q: What would be your ultimate downfall?
A: Lack of strength. Battling narrow minds, isn’t exactly easy.
More about Kristy!
Have you ever seen or read ‘The Last Unicorn’? If not, you really should. Anywho… In it, Schmendric the Magician uses magic to protect a unicorn. However no magician is strong enough to actually cast a spell on a creature as magical as a Unicorn… So, instead he closes his eyes and calls out ‘Magic, do as you will’. In doing this, he uses more magic then most magicians could ever hope to have… The secret, was to let the magic work on its own.
Why am I telling you this? Its how I write… I sit down and have… A line or a phrase flash over me, and the story starts. The story, does as it wills. This is why my stories thus far consists of… Ulfur Drykkur, my own version of a Werewolf story [unfinished]. I Told You We Should Have Hijacked the Hostess Truck, a teen gay romance [unfinished]. The Quintessence of Time, a story of time travel [unedited]. And my yet to be titled Fantasy story [unfinished]. I’m sure you an see the… Barrage of stories that write through me.
Still jonesin’ for more horror? Check out the Coffin Hop for 99 ways to win Halloween swag!
Table of contents for Horror Writer Superhero Spotlight
- Horror Writer Superhero Spotlight
- Horror Writer Spotlight on Dan Dillard
- Horror Writer Spotlight on Kristy Carey
- Horror Writer Spotlight: Axel Howerton
- Horror Writer Spotlight: C.W. LaSart
- Horror Writer Spotlight: James Garcia Jr.
- Horror Writer Spotlight: Rebecca Treadway
- Horror Writer Spotlight: Lorelei Bell
- Horror Writer Spotlight: Jessica McHugh
- Horror Writer Spotlight: Anthony Rapino
- Horror Writer Spotlight: Bradley Convissar
- Horror Writer Spotlight: Tim Ward
- Horror Writer Spotlight: Penelope Crowe
- Horror Writer Spotlight: Melissa A. Smith
- Horror Writer Spotlight: Thea Isis Gregory
- Horror Writer Spotlight: Red Tash
- Horror Writer Spotlight: Joanna Parypinski
- Horror Writer Spotlight: Max Booth III